Town Hall, P.O. Box 548, 27 Main Street, Salisbury, CT 06068
The Town Of Salisbury
Town of Salisbury
27 Main Street
PO Box 548
Salisbury, CT 06068
Photo By: Peter Lorenzo III
The Town of Salisbury, incorporated in October of 1741, is located in the very Northwest corner of the State of Connecticut. It includes the villages of Salisbury and Lakeville, and the hamlets of Amesville, Lime Rock and Taconic.
The Housatonic River flows from North to South and crosses Town lines along its way. Within Salisbury are several ponds and six lakes: Wononscopomuc, Washinee, Washining, Wononpakook, Riga Lake and South Pond. As well as the lakes, the Salisbury land is comprised of low mountains, including access to the Appalachian Trail, and open fields. Residents take advantage of the beautiful hiking and walking trails, all of which are listed in the Parks and Recreation section of this site. The lakes and beaches are busy with swimmers, boaters and fishermen during all seasons.
The Town is proud to have in its community churches of all denominations including Congregational, (Salisbury Congregational Church), Episcopal, (St.John's Episcopal Church) and (Trinity Church, Lime Rock), Methodist (Lakeville United Methodist Church), Orthodox (All Saints of America Orthodox Christian Church), Christian and Catholic (St. Mary's Catholic Church). A Jewish Temple is located just over the line in New York.
A full town recreation program is in place offering sports and activities for all residents from toddlers to seniors.