Town Hall, P.O. Box 548, 27 Main Street, Salisbury, CT 06068
2016-17 PUBLIC ICE SKATING
DATES: DECEMBER 3,10,17, JANUARY 7,14,21,28 FEBRUARY 4,11,18
WHERE: HOTCHKISS SCHOOL DWYER RINK
WHEN: SATURDAY’S 11:00AM-12:30PM
COST: $3.00 PER PERSON
CONTACT: LISA MCAULIFFE 860-435-5186 OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
CANCELLATIONS DUE TO WEATHER ARE POSTED ON THE TOWN WEBSITE DAILY WWW.SALISBURYCT.US.
There are a few simple rules that everyone must follow to ensure a safe experience for all participants. Skating monitors will enforce the following rules for safety reasons and will discipline unacceptable behavior.
- Please use the warming rooms to change into skates. AT NO TIME SHOULD ANY PARTICIPANTS OR SPECTATORS BE ON THE HOCKEY BENCHES. ALL SPECTATORS SHOULD SIT IN THE BLEACHERS.
- No loitering outside the rink all participants should be inside the rink and spectators in the bleachers.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the rink and on the Hotchkiss Campus.
- Please avoid sitting on or climbing over the rink rails.
- Skate in line of direction only. The line of direction changes every 15 minutes on the whistle.
- Skate slowly and under control, please avoid racing or skating out of control.
- No games on the ice, hockey pucks and sticks are prohibited.
- Coned area in the center of the ice is the designated learning space
- Wear protective equipment, helmets, gloves, and elbow pads are recommended.
- ALL PARICIPANTS MUST WEAR SKATES. SHOES ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE ICE.
Skate sharpening is availble at the rink for $5.00.
ALL PARTICIAPANTS MUST BRING THERE OWN SKATE RENTALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE.
FOR INFORMATION ABOUT YOUTH HOCKEY PLEASE VISIT THE SALISBURY YOUTH HOCKEY WEBSITE WWW. SALISBURYREDHAWKS.COM
SALISBURY SCHOOL PUBLIC SKATING HOURS
Please visit the Salisbury School Website www.salisburyschool.org for times and details
SKATING ON FACTORY POND
When conditions are safe the public can skate on Factory Pond. SIGNS ARE POSTED AT THE POND WHEN CONDITIONS ARE SAFE AND SKATING IS PERMITED THE "SKATING TODAY"SIGNS ARE POSTED. WHEN CONDITIONS ARE NOT SAFE THE "NO SKATING SIGNS ARE POSTED AND SKATING IS NOT PERMITED.
Anyone that skates on Factory pond does so at their own risk.
ADULT ONLY SKATING AT THE HOTCHKISS SCHOOL DWYER RINK.
SALISBURY — The Salisbury Recreation and Youth Commission will once again sponsor skating for adults on Fridays from 9 to 10 a.m. at the Dwyer Rink at The Hotchkiss School in Lakeville. Adult skaters from all area towns are invited. Hats are required and there are no sticks or pucks. Anyone who would like to skate to music is invited to bring a CD to the sessions. Skaters are encouraged to sign up for the entire winter session (which begins Nov. 7 and continues for 15 weeks). The cost is $200 for 15 sessions. Drop-ins are available but not encouraged, at $20 per skate. A check for $200 can be mailed to program organizer Laura Werntz, 12 Warren Turnpike, Falls Village, CT 06031. Anyone interested in more information can show up at any session to take a look, meet the group and ask questions; or e-mail email@example.com.